Ethical Guidelines for Culture Unbound: Journal of Current Cultural Research
Culture Unbound is a non-commercial, open access, electronic journal for cultural research. As such it pledges to uphold certain ethical principles:
The Content of the Journal
- All content published in Culture Unbound shall comply with existing copyright laws.
- Articles shall be free from racist or sexist language.
- If an article is funded by external sources, those shall be mentioned in relation to the text
- The content of the journal will not be affected by any business interest or commercial considerations.
- As a general rule every article shall include contact information in the form of an e-mail address to at least one corresponding author.
- It is up to each author to guarantee that the published research has been conducted in compliance with whatever ethical norms might apply for that particular research in the country where it has been undertaken.
- Culture Unbound is open for contributions from anyone writing within the broad field of cultural research.
- The decision to publish an article will be based solely on the quality of the article, regardless of the author’s race, gender, nationality or any other individual characteristics.
- The selection process of research articles will be based on an anonymous peer review process, meaning:
- That the editors will make sure that each article is read by one or two referees that are capable of evaluating the text in a competent, objective and unbiased manner.
- That the author’s identity is hidden from the referee(s) and vice versa.
- That the editor will follow the recommendation of the referee(s) as far as possible and be able give a proper motivation if s/he goes against the referee(s).
- That the author will have access to the reviews on which the publishing decision is based.
Access to the Journal
Culture Unbound is an open access journal, which means that all content shall be accessible for anyone free of charge.